At Santa Cruz Bodywork, we provide individualized therapeutic massage sessions to meet your specific bodywork needs.
Miriam Janove, CMT, CLT is the owner & a massage therapist at Santa Cruz Bodywork, focusing on deep tissue and lymphatic massage.
Surrounded by a beautiful courtyard and off-street parking lot, you can leave your worries behind as you enter our massage studio. A plush table warmer in our cozy massage room will enhance your comfort.
We have two different massage table options.
One is the Earthlite Spirit Table which has a luxurious 3″ of cushioning on top of a sturdy wooden frame. The deluxe face cradle adjusts up and down in addition to tilting for the most comfort.
The other table is a Pre-Natal Massage Table which has a trap-door allowing for ample belly room, though maintaining support with stretchy upholstery.
More info and reviews
Find reviews or write one for Santa Cruz Bodywork at:
Benefits of Massage
Who should get a massage? Everyone! While massage therapy can’t promise to cure everything it has been known to be helpful for people of all ages, with a wide variety of conditions, including but not limited to:
* Allergies/ Sinusitis
* Carpal tunnel syndrome
* Chronic and temporary pain, stiffness, and tension
* Emotional disturbances
* Sports injuries
* Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ)
The effects of massage will not end when you leave the table. Massage as a regular part of your life keeps you healthy by:
* Enhancing athletic performance
* Fostering awareness of the mind-body connection
* Giving you greater joint flexibility and range of motion
* Reducing muscle tension and stiffness
* Relieving headaches
* Improving circulation
* Mitigating stress
* Increasing feelings of general well-being
* Increasing mental clarity
* Promoting deeper and easier breathing
* Promoting a healthy immune system
* Providing safe and nurturing touch
* Reducing blood pressure
* Promoting relaxation
Some conditions may contraindicate traditional massage but may be appropriate for other types of bodywork such as Reiki and Lymphatic Massage. When you make your first appointment you will be asked to fill out an intake form so that I can determine if I need to speak to your doctor before working with you.